Decor Cabinets are as durable and easy to care for, as they are beautiful to look at. Here are a few tips to keep your cabinets looking great for years to come.
1. For regular cleaning of all door and cabinet surfaces, (wood, melamine, laminate and painted) wipe with a damp soft cloth and then dry with another soft cloth. This is applicable for the cabinet interior as well. Remember to always wipe in the direction of the wood grain to prevent possible scratching.
2. For major cleaning of your cabinets you can do the following:
For wood doors and surfaces use a non-wax based cleaner that is designed specifically for wood cabinets and woodwork. You can also use lemon-based hand soap mixed with water (rinse well), or some people prefer to use lemon oil although this will leave the surface oily to the touch.
For painted doors and surfaces use a cleaner that is designed for painted wood cabinets and woodwork; lemon-based hand soap mixed with water or a diluted vinegar and water solution (rinse well).
For melamine or high pressure laminate doors and surfaces use the above methods. For stubborn stains use a damp soapy cloth with a small amount of a mild household solvent applied to it. Be certain to rinse with clean water to remove all solvent from the surface.
All Decor cabinets have clip-on hinges which allows you to remove the doors very easily. This will provide greater access to the cabinet interiors when giving them a thorough cleaning.
3. Never use detergents, strong soap, abrasives or waxes. They can damage your finish or leave a residue that airborne grease will stick to.
1. Excessive moisture is an enemy of any finish or wood product. Do not allow water or other liquids to be in contact with outside or inside surfaces for prolonged periods of time. Water will eventually dull the finish and can stain melamine interiors. Do not allow excessive moisture to lay against veneer toe-kick or end panels for prolonged periods of time as the wood core will eventually absorb the water and start to swell.
2. Avoid steam from kettles etc., being directed at the underside of cabinets or the bottom edge of doors. This can eventually effect the adhesion of the edgebanding and can also dull the finish.
3. Treat your Decor cabinets as you would any other fine piece of furniture and they will reward you with long lasting beauty.
Our warranty covers all products or materials supplied by Decor Cabinets Ltd. to the original purchaser or homeowner.
We warrant our products to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of 5 years. Hinges and drawer tracks have a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty. This is a limited warranty that applies only to the repair or replacement of defective material or parts. This warranty does not cover any wood products shipped unfinished, misuse, abuse, improper storage, neglect or improper installation and does not include removing, shipping, and reinstallation on any items or products.